De Kock and Raj Bawa Ruled Out of IPL 2026 With Injuries
Mumbai Indians have suffered a double injury setback with batter Quinton de Kock and allrounder Raj Bawa ruled out of the remainder of IPL 2026.
The franchise confirmed on Tuesday that de Kock sustained a tendon injury in his left wrist ahead of MI’s clash against Sunrisers Hyderabad on April 29, while Bawa suffered a ligament tear in his right thumb during the match against Punjab Kings last week.
In an official statement, Mumbai Indians said both players would continue rehabilitation at home under the supervision of the team’s medical staff.
“Both Quinton and Raj Bawa will continue their rehab in their respective homes, with support and guidance from the Mumbai Indians medical team to help them return to play as soon as possible,” the franchise said.
The team added that replacements for the injured duo would be announced according to IPL regulations.
De Kock featured in only three matches this season for MI. After making an impressive start with an unbeaten 112 in his opening appearance, the left-handed wicketkeeper-batter managed scores of 13 and 7 in his following innings. His last outing came against Chennai Super Kings on April 23.
Bawa also played three games during the campaign. The young allrounder scored 16 runs in his only innings with the bat and picked up two wickets at an average of 25 before his injury setback.
Mumbai Indians’ disappointing season has already ended their hopes of reaching the playoffs. The five-time champions are currently ninth on the IPL 2026 points table with eight points from 12 matches.
MI will next take on Kolkata Knight Riders at Eden Gardens on Wednesday as they look to finish a difficult campaign on a positive note.